Senior Mechanical Engineer
If you are seeking this position, please send resume to email@example.com
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Cornerstone Automation Systems (CASI) is a privately-held, state-of-the-art software, engineering, and production company that designs, manufactures, and implements turnkey intelligent automation order fulfillment systems for warehouse and central pharmacy operations that serve a broad base of industries. The Company is owned by Management and other investors.
CASI is seeking a motivated, self-managed individual for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer position. The successful candidate should have previous hands-on experience designing and building machine equipment, a proven record of delivering required designs within project timelines, and demonstrated record of delivering complete designs within budgeted costs. They will play a key leadership role within the central engineering team. Sr. ME will be a critical part of reinforcing and establishing standards and consistency in the product. They will be responsible for engineering tasks including design, analysis, and drawing creation utilizing Solid Works CAD software.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or advanced engineering degree.
- 8+ years of industry experience with a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience working on conveyors/material handling equipment
- Systems integration experience, interface between disciplines (mechanical, machining/fab, electrical, controls, robotics)
- Minimum of 5 years of 3D CAD modeling experience, out of which at least 4000 hours on SolidWorks software.
- Ability to drive New Product Development (NPD) process through gate reviews and build alpha prototypes
- Drive prototype development through the Testing process by creating DVP&R (Design Verification Process & Report)
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem-solving situations
- Strong multitasking ability to handle multiple time-sensitive demands.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Willing to travel. (Up to 10%)
- Develop technical specifications framework based
- Lead and mentor fellow members of the staff
- Define, establish and maintain technical standards, specifications and methodologies
- Review and approve technical design phases of a project in cross-functional design reviews
- Create indented Bill of Material (BOM) and release drawings packet for fabrication
- Oversee alpha prototype build and conduct gate reviews to finalize mass production ready design
- Contribute to creation of operator and service manuals and creation of spares kit
- Utilize ingenuity and inventive thinking to evaluate options for design, deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment.
- Remain current on new developments in the area of mechanical engineering.
- Participate in project design reviews with consistency across the portfolio as well as compliance to established standards, specifications and performance targets.
All successful candidates must:
- Pass background check and drug test.
- Have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Produce two forms of valid identification/documentation.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
Benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance along with profit -sharing plan and 401k plans.
Cornerstone Automation Systems LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our company headquartered in North Frisco Texas is a recognized leader in the development of automated distribution center solutions. We manufacture and integrate automated solutions for our customers worldwide with installations in the United States and around the world. Visit our website at www.casiusa.com to learn more about our products and services.
CASI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veterans are always welcome.