To apply for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Careers Page
The Field Service Technician Associate is responsible for ensuring the seamless operation and maintenance of company technical systems. This role is responsible for providing on-site technical support, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance to ensure client equipment functions optimally. The Field Service Technician Associate will work under the guidance of senior technicians to develop technical expertise and contribute to the overall success of service operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Champion CASI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values by demonstrating the behaviors that contribute to CASI’s success.
- Travel to client locations to install, maintain, and repair technical systems.
- Execute routine inspections and preventive maintenance procedures to ensure equipment reliability.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues reported by clients or detected during routine inspections.
- Collaborate with senior technicians to troubleshoot complex problems and implement effective solutions.
- Maintain accurate records of service activities, including service reports, equipment status, and any replacement parts used.
- Provide detailed documentation for troubleshooting procedures and resolutions.
- Interact professionally with clients to understand their technical concerns and communicate effectively about service procedures and timelines.
- Educate clients on the proper use and maintenance of equipment.
- Work closely with other members of the service team to share knowledge and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal departments to escalate and resolve issues as needed.
- Participate in ongoing training programs to enhance technical skills and stay current with industry trends.
- Seek opportunities for skill development and advancement within the organization.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings, and completing assignments.
- Ability to work and interact well with others.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate degree in related technical field is preferred.
Experience: No previous experience required, if degreed. Minimum of 2 years of experience in material handling automation, equipment repair, general maintenance, customer service, or another related field, if non-degreed.
- Knowledge of electronics, networks, and industrial equipment.
- Ability to read electrical/mechanical drawings.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Reading repair manuals and consulting with other professionals.
- Knowledge of electricity/electronics, LAN/WAN networks, Servers, +24VDC, and industrial equipment.
- Requires regular, extensive travel.
- May require occasional weekend and evening work hours.
- Bending, twisting, crawling, squatting, climbing, and fitting into tight spaces.